I spent yesterday afternoon baking a delicious White Chocolate Cheesecake for dinner at a friends that never actually happened. But nonetheless it was delicious and hey, more for me!
- 400g of Chocolate Digestives
- 75g of Butter
- 600g of Cream Cheese
- 4 heaped tbsp of Icing Sugar
- 350g of White Chocolate
- Ground the chocolate digestives until fine
- Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly
- Mix the butter and ground biscuits into a bowl and squeeze together with the back of a wooden spoon
- Tip into your spring form tin (mine is 26cm but slightly bigger or smaller is OK too)
- Push down gently in a flat even surface
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together gently (this does not take long)
- Melt 250g of the white chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water
- Add the cream cheese dollop by dollop into the chocolate, continually stirring until you get an evenly coloured mixture
- Poor on top of the biscuit base then smooth and flatten
- Chill for 1 hour
- Now grate the remaining 100g of white chocolate and sprinkle evenly over the top of the cheesecake
- Chill for a further 30-45 minutes before serving
This recipe is time consuming and the washing up part is not my favourite but it is relatively easy to make and once you have made one it gets even easier. It is also a versatile recipe that can be adapted to suit your own taste. I have made them with chocolate but you can also use flavouring if you want to make a vanilla or strawberry one!
If you have tried out any of my recipes or adapted it in any way I would love to know how they have come out!