I love bananas, anything banana really, smoothie, ice cream, milk, even those little foam bananas so when one of my best friends made me banana bread I was one happy foodie! She has in fact made me 2 different banana breads that were both absolutely delicious, but she is now back in Vancouver to get married next week (I will be joining shortly before the wedding) so when I really had a fancy for it, I had to make it myself. I wanted to try a different recipe rather than copying hers so I went for Banana Bread with Chocolate and Walnuts and this is the recipe that I came up with:
- 285g of Flour
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 110 g of Butter
- 225g of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Bananas – Mashed
- 85ml of Buttermilk
- 100g of Chocolate Chips
- 120g of Crushed Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture becomes light and fluffy
- Add the eggs, mashed banana and buttermilk to the mixture and stir thoroughly
- Then fold in the flour mixture until mixed well
- Then add the walnuts and chocolate and stir in
- Grease a loaf tin and pour in the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until risen and brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving
Eat it as quickly as you can before it is all gone!
OK, so even I was impressed with my baking skills on this one, this Banana Bread with Walnuts and Chocolate was absolutely divine and so more-ish, even on a hot day! This recipe will definitely be going into the recipe book to be made time and time again.
Tomorrow I go on holiday but Carla from The Soupstache has been so kind to offer me one of her recipes to feature whilst I am away, so look out for it!