I eat soup a lot and I mean a lot! Although I have a few recipes up my sleeve soup can kind of become boring, so I thought it was time for a new soup! So this week I made Sweet Potato Soup for the first time, I have not really used sweet potato in my cooking before but I thought it was about time that changed! Here is my recipe;
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1 Sliced Onion
- 600g of Chopped and Peeled Sweet Potato
- 1 Pinch of Dried Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1.2 Litres of Vegetable Stock
- Heat oil in a large pan
- Add the onions, chilli, salt and pepper
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften
- Then add the sweet potato and cook for 1 minute
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil
- Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the potato is tender
- Whizz with a hand blender until smooth
- Pour into a clean pan and reheat
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
This Sweet Potato Soup was another successful recipe to add to my list, as an added bonus it is really low in calories but still filling on a cold winters evening.
I am looking for even more soup recipes to try out so if you have a suggestion I would love to hear it!