Chocolate Orange Frosting

This weekend I thought I would share the recipe with you for my latest and favouritist Chocolate Orange Frosting. It is just to die for and tastes great decorating any cake or cupcakes. Here is my recipe;

Ingredients

• 75g of Icing Sugar
  • 25g of Cocoa
  • 75g of Butter
  • Rind of half an Orange
  • 2tbsp of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
Chocolate Orange Frosting
Chocolate Orange Frosting

Method

1. Cream together the icing sugar and butter until smooth
  2. Then add the cocoa and mix thoroughly
  3. Finally add the orange rind and juice and mix together
  4. Use a palette knife or icing bag to decorate your cake!

I just had to share this Chocolate Orange Frosting recipe and instruct everyone to make cakes with this as it is so delicious! It tastes just like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and what can be better than that?

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. I love chocolate and orange! You sound like an awesome chef!

1. I would not say chef, home-baker maybe! But thanks 🙂

2. This looks so good! I love chocolate and orange together, I am definitely going to try this out. Thank you for liking some posts on my blog it is much appreciated seeing as I have only started it yesterday!

1. Good Luck with your new blog!

3. Vonnie says:

I’d love to see the middle so I can drool more. Thanks for stopping by

4. thesnowwoman says:

I thought Terry’s as soon as I saw this title. I have to make a cake for this frosting soon!

5. Grace says:

Is this enough to cover a whole 2 layer cake? Seems like quite a small amount of icing sugar…

1. I covered a large 26″ one layer cake and there was plenty left over for me to eat!

6. Bakerboy says:

You should add that the butter must be tempered to room temp before use. Otherwise it will break on you 😦

1. I generally use my food mixer so I do not have this problem! Sorry!

7. Anonymous says:

I just tried this – I have no idea how my cake went but the icing is amazing. Licking beaters as I speak. Now to try the cake out on my boss – wish me luck!

1. Sometimes all you need is a bowl of icing to make you happy!

8. Chef Randall says:

Chantelle when you say half the rind of an orange, do you mean the zest of half an orange?

Your recipe sounds delicious. I am going to make it for my next cake.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you over at Savor the Food.

Chef Randall
    savorthefood.wordpress.com

1. I do mean zest yes! That makes much more sense! It really is the yummiest thing ever! I would love to hear how it goes when you make it 🙂

9. Federico says:

Just found the blog randomly, and thought your boyfriend’s a very lucky man 😛 Wish I was able to make all this stuff 🙂

1. Thank you and he is! None of the recipes are too difficult you should try them!

10. fionaward says:

Few combinations are as heavenly as chocolate and orange!

1. This does not need to be put on a cake, eaten from a bowl is fine!