This is not a recipe as such, the actual ‘cooking’ involved is minimal but the results you get could not taste better! I used to eat slow baked potatoes from my university canteen all the time and recently had a craving. To make it a little bit more exciting I decided to make Slow Baked Sweet Potato with Cottage Cheese and Salad. Here is how to bake your potato to perfection:
Ingredients (For One)
- 1 Sweet Potato (around 350g)
- 100g of Cottage Cheese
- 200g of Fresh Salad
- 1tbsp of Oil
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Wash the sweet potato in warm water
- Pat dry and poke with a fork several times
- Then brush with the oil and wrap in foil
- Place in the preheated oven and leave for 4 hours
- Once slow baked remove from the oven and cut down the middle
- Fill with the cottage cheese and serve with salad
Simplicity at its best! Delicious and low calorie I am not sure there is a better meal on my weekly shopping list than this Slow Baked Sweet Potato at the moment!
What are your favourite simple meals?