For Christmas I was lovingly bought a Mary Berry Cakes and Bakes recipe book by my friend after a new obsession started from The Great British Bake Off and until now, shockingly I had not made anything from it! This weekend that had to change and it did! I decided to make Flapjacks, a simple recipe but one of my favourites when I was a child and here is the recipe;
- 225g of Butter
- 225g of Brown Sugar
- 75g of Golden Syrup
- 275g of Porridge Oats
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line your tin with baking paper
- Me;t the butter in a large pan along with the sugar and syrup stir continuously until melted
- once melted add the oats and stir thoroughly
- Then pour the mixture into your tin
- Press the mixture flat with a palette knife until even
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes until a pale golden brown
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes
- Then in the tin cut the flapjack into your desired pieces and leave to cool
- Once completely cool remove from the tin and serve
I had not had flapjack in so long and they were just as good as I remember. My main task now is not to make and eat a batch every week!
What are your favourite long lost treats?