So, the day has arrived it is one year since I started allaboutchantelle and I am so happy I am still here sharing my recipe with everyone reading them!
To celebrate a brand new recipe that was chosen by my boyfriend and made for dessert with our closest friends last weekend, the recipe is a twist on a savoury dish but could not be sweeter. Here is my recipe for Apple Enchiladas;
- 600g of Apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 175g of White Sugar
- 135ml of Water
- 2tbsp of Cinnamon
- 2tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 115g of Butter
- 110g of Brown Sugar
- Put the apples, 75g of white sugar, 10ml of water, cinnamon and lemon juice into a pan
- Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the apples soften and a syrup forms
- Spoon a 6th of the apple mixture into each tortilla
- Roll the tortillas up, tucking in the edges and place seam side down into an oven dish
- Then in the same saucepan put the butter, 100g of white sugar, brown sugar and 125ml of water and combine over a medium heat
- Bring to the boil stirring constantly
- Then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and let stand for 45 minutes
- Whilst this is standing preheat the oven to 175C
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden
- Serve hot with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
I loved how inventive this recipe was a great twist on the savoury recipe we all know and love, they were really delicious but I am a fan of baked apple desserts. These Apple Enchiladas were simple and delicious and can be versatile too, just fill with strawberry, peaches or whatever takes your fancy!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and I hope you are still enjoying my blog, today more than any other I want to say thank you for stopping by!