In honour of my engagement this week I thought I would share a recipe that I am lucky enough to have made for me, sometimes not cooking is fun too, by my amazing Fiance. This recipe is his own twist on one found in Gordon Ramsay’s Cookbook. Here is his recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Egg Noodles;
- 200g of Wide Egg Noodles
- 250g of Chicken Breast Fillet cut into chunks.
- 4tbsp of Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced
- 200g of Broccoli, cut in half lengthways
- 2tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Wedges of Lime to Serve
- If using dried noodles, soak them in warm water until softened, according to packet instructions. (This will take about 10 minutes, depending on the brand.)
- Whilst the noodles are soaking heat a wok over a high heat and add a dash of oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown all over but not quite cooked through.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds
- Then add the broccoli and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes until tender; add the soy sauce to season.
- When the broccoli is tender, remove the contents of the wok and set them to one side. Wipe out the wok, add a dash of oil and heat through.
- Drain the soaked noodles.
- Add the eggs to the hot wok, season and stir over the heat, allowing the bottom of the egg to cook.
- Add the noodles and toss well, breaking up the egg as you do so.
- Return the chicken and broccoli mixture to the wok and heat through, stir-frying over a medium heat.
- Serve with 2 wedges of lime
I can vouch whole heartily that this recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Egg Noodles is absolutely delicious. This recipe was for 2 but we usually use it to serve 3 or even 4 and no one goes hungry. The addition of the lime is really refreshing and compliments the noodles perfectly.
What are your favourite meals that are cooked by your other (or better) halves?