I cannot believe it has been almost a month since I shared a recipe, I actually have had blog guilt so decided that as my recipes were beginning to create a backlog it was time to stop being lazy. Then there was the decision of what to share first… So I decided on, what has probably been the most delicious and scrumptious thing I have made. Here is my Double Chocolate Mousse recipe;
- 200ml of Double Cream
- 150g of Dark Chocolate
- 50g of Milk Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 3tbsp of Sugar
- Start by warming the double cream in a small pan on a medium heat, you only want it to simmer and not start to boil
- Whilst the cream is warming break up the chocolate into small pieces
- When the cream begins to emit steam remove it from the heat and drop in the chocolate, at this time, you will want to stir it, I did, but don’t OK?
- Leave this for 6-7 minutes
- Whilst you are waiting for the chocolate to melt, separate the eggs whites from the yolks and whisk the whites in a large bowl
- You want to whisk them almost to the point of a meringue mix but stop just before that point, the peaks should be stiff but flop over as opposed to standing tall
- Then add the sugar 1tbsp at a time whisking in between to ensure it all dissolves into the mix
- Once this is completed the chocolate will be completely melted in the cream so you can give it a little stir to mix it in together and add the egg yolks and combine
- Now put one large tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into the egg whites to loosen the mixture and then gradually add the rest of the chocolate in
- It is best to pour it in gently to one edge and try to fold the mixture together with as little stirring as possible to keep the air in your mousse
- Once fully combined you can distribute the mixture into individual servings, or one large bowl and put in the fridge to set!
Please note that this recipe serves 4, I doubled it and made 8 and it worked just as well!
I have made chocolate mouse before, but I was trying to cut the calories, which we all know never tastes as good, so I can really say that this Double Chocolate Mousse was twice as delicious and so rich of chocolate, I could always eat more. They were also perfect desserts for our Fake Christmas as I was able to make them the night before and leave them in the refrigerator, which I would always recommend as they were supposed to set in 1 hour but mine took at least 4! I also served them with something for dipping, but you will have to wait for that recipe…