Last time I shared my Double Chocolate Mousse Recipe from Fake Christmas, so I decided that it was only right that next time I share the recipe for the delicious biscuits that I made to go along side and of course be dipped inside the mousse. If you want to make my Pistachio Christmas Biscuits this is how;
- 130g of Butter
- 55g of Sugar
- 180g of Flour
- 1 tbsp of Water
- 25g of Chopped Pistachios
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl
- Gradually sieve the flour into the mixture until you have a crumbly consistency
- Then add the pistachios and combine through the entire mixture
- Finally add the water and use your fingers to combine into a dough
- Lightly dust a flat surface with flour and roll the dough out until just under 1cm thick
- Then using your cutter cut out the shapes and place onto a baking tray covered with baking parchment to avoid sticking
- Repeat this process until you have used all of the dough, but please note it is very important that all biscuits are the same thickness to ensure even baking!
- You now need to chill the biscuits in the fridge for 20 minutes, I usually start preheating the oven to 180C at this point
- Once chilled place the biscuits in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until golden
- Then dust them with icing sugar and allow to cool for 30 minutes before eating!
The main inspiration behind my Pistachio Christmas Biscuits was needing something to accompany the chocolate mousse and also really loving Pistachios, they also made a great addition to helping the biscuits looks Christmassy! They would also be delicious served on their own and would make a great easy recipe for when guests are coming over and you want something to serve with a drink!