There has been so much baking and dessert making going on in our house, I did not want you to think that was all we ate, so this week I want to share one of my new creations with you. My Honey and Mustard Marinated Chicken with Sesame Seeds was one of my ‘that might taste nice’ ideas that thankfully paid off and will be made again for sure and this is how;
- 350g of Chicken (Cut into small chunks)
- 3tbsp of Honey
- 3tbsp of Mustard
- Dried Chilli Flakes
- 3tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 400g of Green Beans
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the honey, mustard and sprinkle the pepper and chilli flakes in before mixing together
- Cover in cling film and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes
- Then heat olive oil in a pan before adding the chicken mixture and all of the extra marinade
- Fry until all of the chicken is browned and cooked through
- Then add the sesame seeds and cooked for 1 minute
- Finally add the green beans and fry for a further 5 minutes
- Serve with rice or noodles depending on your preference.
This recipe for Honey and Mustard Marinated Chicken with Sesame Seeds, serves 2 and was really quick to do but tasted like a good meal that took more effort to make. After work that is my favourite kind of dish and from now on I will be making it more often as it is also satisfying when something tastes great that you did not need a recipe for!
What are your favourite ‘made up’ recipes?