It is Friday and it is March tomorrow, what better way to end the week and the month than with easy and delicious chocolate snacks? That is not really a question so do not answer it, the answer is there is no better way. So go buy some chocolate , pull out those old stale cornflakes we all have in the cupboard and get baking (well almost)! It is time to make Chocolate Nut Cornflake Cakes;
- 300g of Whole Nut Milk Chocolate
- 300g of Cornflakes
- 2 tbsp of Golden Syrup
- Break up the chocolate in a large glass bowl and add the golden syrup
- Melt over a pan of boiling water, continually stirring
- Once all of the chocolate has melted add the cornflakes gradually ensuring that all of them get covered in the chocolate mixture
- Then dish up the mixture into muffin cases, as large or small as you like, but I usually do around 2 heaped tablespoons in each
- Put them in the fridge for 45 minutes and allow to set
- Then enjoy!
I think these were probably the first thing and my favourite thing I made as a child and I do not think I have ever stopped making them! Simple and easy, it may not boast my baking skills but these Chocolate Nut Cornflake Cakes will always go down a treat. This recipe makes around 24 so it is perfect to make for a party or a really naughty night in! With Easter coming up, they are also great wih a couple of mini eggs placed on top whilst cooling for a holiday themed snack.