I cannot believe that is has been almost 2 months since my last post. A lot has been going on this summer, good and bad but I have still been baking, just not writing about it. Yet again I am now vowing to get through my backlog of recipes and share them with you!
Today’s recipe is inspired for my recent love (and by love I mean LOVE) of Resse’s Peanut Butter Cups and sadly as they are not so easy to get here in Germany, I have been turning to alternatives to get my fix! So the recipe I am sharing today is for Peanut Butter Cupcakes!
- 75g of Plain Flour
- 25g of Cocoa Powder
- 100g of Sugar
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 175g of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 75g of Icing Sugar
- 75g of Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Prepare your bun tin with your paper cake cases for later
- Sift the sugar into a bowl and add 100g of the butter then cream together until smooth
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together
- Then slowly add the dry mixture to the creamed butter mix until crumbly
- Add the 2 eggs and whisk until smooth
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cake cases
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes
- Once cooked allow to cool thoroughly
- Once cool sift the icing sugar into a bowl
- Then add the final 75g of butter and cream until smooth
- Add the peanut butter to the mix and stir until combined
- Use a pallet knife to decorate the top of the cupcakes with the frosting
- Then enjoy!
These Peanut Butter Cupcakes were really delicious. They are pretty sickly and I recommend only eating one at a time, which basically means I was successful at creating something to imitate the peanut butter cups as I would say the same for them!