With a friend coming over for a girls night, I basically felt obliged to make something rich, yummy and naughty. With limited resources in my kitchen and no desire to go to the shops I had to think on my feet and here is my creation: Chunky Chocolate and Walnut Cupcakes.
- 100g of Butter
- 50g of Sugar
- 40g of Flour
- 20g of Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 25g of Walnuts
- 50g of Dark Chocolate
- 40g of Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp of Orange Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan) and put 6 cupcake cases into your tray
- Sift the sugar into a bowl and add 50g of the butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, 10g of the cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then add the egg and whisk until smooth
- Finally add the walnuts and dark chocolate (broken into chunks) and stir
- Then spoon into your cupcake cases and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked
- Once the cupcakes have cooled you can start on the frosting
- Sift the icing sugar and 10g of cocoa into a bowl and add the remaining butter
- Cream together then add the orange essence just before it is ready
- You can then use a palette knife or icing bag to decorate your cupcakes!
I do not want to brag but these Chunky Chocolate and Walnut Cupcakes were delicious, they were rich and the whole chunks of dark chocolate made them almost chewy. Perfect for an evening in, or even before and after an evening out I think.
It really does give you a great satisfaction to make up a recipe rather then using someone else’s and have it come out just perfectly. I think everyone should try this a little bit more as you might just surprise yourself!
Once again, I am still baking, just sucking in blogging, but if your bare with me you will keep getting new recipes to try!!