It has been so exciting posting all about the wedding fun, but now 5 weeks later we are back into a bit of a routine and I have been back to doing what I love most, baking but more accurately, baking cupcakes. Another new recipe, again inspired basically by what I had on my kitchen shelves. So here is my recipe for Coffee and Walnut Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting:
- 120g of Plain Flour
- 100g of Sugar
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 200g of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 50g of Crushed Walnuts
- 25ml of Strong Black Coffee
- 50g of Icing Sugar
- 25g of Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan) and put your cupcake cases into your tray
- Sift the sugar into a bowl and add 100g of the butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then add the eggs and whisk until smooth
- Finally add the coffee and walnuts and combine thoroughly
- Then spoon into your cupcake cases and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked (the best way to tell is to gently push the cupcake and if it springs back, it is ready)
- Once the cupcakes have cooled you can start on the frosting
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and add the remaining butter
- Cream together until smooth
- You can then use a palette knife or icing bag to decorate your cupcakes!
- Then enjoy!
I have to be honest with you if you follow my blog and make my recipes, I was not a mad fan of these Coffee and Walnut Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting. I thought that they were a little dry, but this may be because I made up the recipe as I went along. I do however love this flavour combination so will definitely be giving them another go.
If I find a better recipe I will be sure to share it with you. If you have a great recipe for coffee and walnut cake I would also love to hear your suggestions!