Today two of my favourite flavours when it comes to sweet things make up my new recipe for White Chocolate and Pistachio Cupcakes. Here is how you can make them:
- 100g of Plain Flour
- 100g of Sugar
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 200g of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 75g of Icing Sugar
- 100g of White Chocolate
- 24 Pistachios (I used little pistachio sweets for mine)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan) and put your cupcake cases into your tray
- Sift the sugar into a bowl and add 100g of the butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then add the eggs and whisk until smooth
- Then spoon into your cupcake cases
- Before baking add one block of white chocolate to the centre of each cupcake (make sure it is pushed down so no chocolate is on show)
- Finally bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked (the best way to tell is to gently push the cupcake and if it springs back, it is ready)
- Once the cupcakes have cooled you can start on the frosting
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the remaining butter
- Cream together until smooth
- You can then use a palette knife or icing bag to decorate your cupcakes!
- Use the remaining white chocolate to grate over the top of the cupcakes
- Then add your pistachios to the top to finish!
There is a white chocolate and pistachio ice cream that I could (do) eat far too many of, so when I was trying to come up with new flavour combinations making White Chocolate and Pistachio Cupcakes seemed like the perfect fit. And they were! The flavours are amazing, but my favourite bit of these cupcakes is the surprise of the chocolate at the bottom once you bite into it!
I really like trying to create new flavours and try different things, but sometimes my imagination fails me. So I would love to hear your favourite flavour combinations….