It is now December so we can start talking about Christmas now! Christmas is about being at home with my husband and improving our Turkey year by year. But what goes with the Turkey is also important and I know that Roast Potatoes are classical but why do we try different methods and techniques with the turkey and not with our side?
Well this year you should and I think the perfect accompaniment to Christmas Dinner are Mixed and Roasted Potatoes. This is how I make mine:
- 600g of Potato
- 400g of Sweet Potato
- 2 Red Onions
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C (Fan Oven)
- Peel and chop your potato, sweet potato and red onion and put in a large bowl
- Then peel and crush your garlic and add alongside black pepper to season
- Finally drizzle over the olive oil, I would normally use around 10 tablespoons for this
- Toss the potatoes until the are all covered in seasoning and oil
- Transfer to a roasting dish and place into your preheated oven
- Turn the potatoes every 20 minutes so that they brown evenly
- They will take around 60 minutes (on average) until ready
- You can add extra seasoning as you go if you think it needs it!
I think that the Mixed and Roasted Potatoes are a great twist on a classic dish. The sweet potatoes adds another flavour and colour to the plate and will spice up your dinner this Christmas!