After sharing what I made for my Birthday, I was surprised to notice that I had not ever shared my Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting, simple yes but it is a staple to any recipe book for a baker, so here is how I do it:
- 175g of Butter
- 100g of Sugar
- 100g of Flour
- ½ tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 50g of Icing Sugar
- 25g of Cocoa
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan) and put your cupcake cases into your tray
- Sift the sugar into a bowl and add 100g of the butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then add the eggs and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth
- Then spoon into your cupcake cases and bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked (the best way to tell is to gently push the cupcake and if it springs back, it is ready)
- Once the cupcakes have cooled you can start on the frosting
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and add the remaining butter
- Cream together until smooth
- You can then use a palette knife or icing bag to decorate your cupcakes!
The recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting is so reliable and often I will have the ingredients at home without the need to shop so they are perfect if you need to whip something up quickly and not to mention, delicious!
What are your recipe staples?