This Christmas I wanted to add an extra special touch to my presents so I decided to make Homemade Christmas Chocolates for all of us to enjoy on Christmas Day. I made 2 different types of chocolate, the first was chunks of Chocolate Tiffin Bar, perfect for this purpose and the rest can be enjoyed too!
The second were Chocolate Almond Truffles and here is how I made them:
- 200g of Dark Chocolate (at least 75% cocoa)
- 200ml of Double Cream
- 35g of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Almond Essence
- Chocolate Vermicelli
- Break the chocolate up into a bowl and set aside
- Put the butter, cream iand almond essence nto a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted and the cream begins to simmer
- Then pour the cream mix over the chocolate and stir until the mixture is combined and smooth
- Place the mixture into the fridge and leave to cool for around 4 hours
- Once cool you can make your truffles
- To start placed all of your toppings onto plates so the truffles can be easily rolled
- Take a teaspoon of the mix and gently roll into a ball using your hands (you may want to wash your hands in very cold water before doing this)
- Then roll your truffle in your chocolate vermicelli until it is well covered
- Then place them in a tin one by one until all of the mixture is gone
- I would recommend cooling them for a further 30 minutes or so as they get quite sticky when being rolled
- I then packaged them with the Chocolate Tiffin into a clear bag adding a Christmas ribbon to present to our guests!
My Christmas Chocolates were well received and I thought they were the perfect extra touch to make a truly special gift.
Note to my friends, watch out 2015 maybe the year that you get chocolates for all of your special occasions!