So like the rest of you it is the start of a new year, I am going to eat better, bla bla bla! Well actually I have sort of been sticking to it and have been investigating some baking that will fit in with this theme. There are not that many healthy and super yummy baking recipes out there but this winning combination is always guaranteed to work. A recipe for Banana and Oat Healthy Muffins:
- 200g of Flour
- 80g of Rolled Oasts
- 50g of Sugar
- 2tsp of Baking Powder
- 1tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Egg
- 175ml of Milk
- 75ml of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 250g of Mashed Bananas
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a cupcake tin with cases
- Put the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and combine
- In another bowl beat the eggs lightly
- Then add the milk, oil and vanilla essence and stir
- Add the banana and mix thoroughly
- Gradually combine the dry ingredients into the banana mix until you all used all of the mix
- The pour the mixture into the cases and put into the oven for 18-20 minutes
- To make sure they are cooked through you can use a toothpick, if it comes out clean they are ready to go!
- Cool and Serve!
If you are trying to eat well but sometimes have to give into that craving then these Banana and Oat Healthy Muffins are just the right thing for you! They are sweet enough to satisfy the urge to snack but they have enough goodness to make them OK. A winning combination when they taste great too!
Do you have any healthy baking recipes? I would love to hear them!