What better way to show your loved one what they mean to you than with chocolate cake? Exactly, there isn’t one. So you must make them these Chocolate Surprise Cupcake Sandwiches:
- 175g of Butter
- 100g of Sugar
- 75g of Flour
- 50g of Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 75g of Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan Oven) and place your cupcake cases into your cupcake tin
- In a bowl sift the sugar and 100g of butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, 25g of cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then the eggs and whisk until smooth
- Pour into your cupcake cases evenly
- Place into the preheated oven for between 10-12 minutes. You can check if the cupcakes are ready by lightly touching the top to see if it springs back
- Get the cupcakes out and allow to cool
- Once cool takes the cakes out of the cases and cut evenly across the centre
- You can then prepare the frosting
- Place 75g of butter and the icing sugar into a bowl with the rest of your cocoa and cream together until smooth
- Then taking one cupcake at a time place a large dollop of frosting onto the base and squeeze the top part of so it oozes to the sides
- Dust with icing sugar to finish then enjoy!
I hope you made these Chocolate Surprise Cupcake Sandwiches today and I hope they were the perfect accompaniment to your romantic evening, or to an evening alone on your sofa… they really work either way!
Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate sandwiched into goodness!