Another slightly archived recipe that I have to share with you is for a Chocolate Tray Bake with Vanilla Frosting. This recipe is really simple and almost foolproof with delicious results and here is how you can make it:
- 350g of Butter
- 200g of Sugar
- 150g of Flour
- 50g of Cocoa
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 150g of Icing Sugar
- 3tsp of Vanilla Essence
- Chocolate Vermicelli
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan Oven) and line the base of a deep tray with baking paper
- In a bowl sift the sugar and 200g of butter and cream until smooth
- Then sift in the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Then the eggs and whisk until smooth
- Pour into your tray and allow it to settle evenly for a few minutes
- Once settled place into your preheated oven for between 25-30 minutes. You can check if the cake is ready by gently touching the top of one, if it springs back then you are good to go!
- Get the cake out and allow to cool
- Once cool you can prepare the frosting
- Place 150g of butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence into a bowl and cream together until smooth
- Use this to decorate the top of your tray bake with a palette knife
- Finally scatter your chocolate vermicelli over the top
- Serve and enjoy!
I think that the Chocolate Tray Bake with Vanilla Frosting would be perfect for making with young ones, or if you would prefer just for yourself! It is rich and yummy and will keep for up to 4 days in a sealed container. Alternatively it is a great recipe to make if you need to bake for a lot of people in one go! Very Mary Berry esque if I do say so myself!