Christmas is approaching, possibly my favourite time of year and this one is even better so I have decided (not officially knowing me I will not stick to it) that I am going to do a whole lot more baking this year.
So up first Pistachio Christmas Tree Shortbread with White Chocolate Snow:
- 125g of Butter
- 55g of Sugar
- 180g of Flour
- 35g of Chopped Pistachios
- 100g of White Chocolate
- 1 Christmas Tree Shaped Biscuit Cutter
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth
- Begin to stir in the flour in stages through a sieve and continue to mix together thoroughly
- When you sieve in the last of the flour also add the chopped pistachios before combining for the final time
- At this stage the mixture turns from a paste to a crumbly mixture so use your hands to create a ball with the mixture
- Dust a dry and clean surface with flour and roll the mixture out to 1cm thick – Make sure you also dust your rolling pin
- Cut out your shapes and place on baking paper on a baking tray (you may have mixture left over, keeping rolling our until you use all of the mixture for the shapes)
- Put the shapes into the fridge for 20 minutes and preheat your oven to 180C (Fan)
- Put into the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden
- Leave to cool
- Once the biscuits are cool, melt the white chocolate and one by one dip half of the biscuit into the chocolate and place on a tray covered in baking paper
- Once all of the biscuits are done put into the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate has set
- Then enjoy!
I am so pleased with how my Pistachio Christmas Tree Shortbread with White Chocolate Snow both in how they look and how they taste, they are definitely festive and a great snack to offer to visiting friends or family (or for yourself/husband).
If I keep this up, my husbands colleagues will love me!