So it is now 2016 and there is probably no Chocolate Tiffin Bar left from Christmas but I still wanted to share this recipe, firstly because it is one of my favourites and secondly because something about it screams Christmas to me (probably that it has like a million calories and we all know those don’t count at Christmas). I have shared this recipe a long time ago, but it is a good’un so why not share again!
- 200g of Digestive Biscuits
- 200g of Milk Chocolate
- 100g of Walnuts
- 100g of Almonds
- 65g of Ready Made Meringue
- 150g of Unsalted Butter
- 100g of Mini Marshmallows
- 1tbsp of Golden Syrup
- Firstly line a large plastic container (around 20cmx30cm) with cling film, leaving plenty of extra film around the edges to help turn out your tiffin when its set
- Break the biscuits up into small pieces in a large bowl
- Add the walnuts, almonds and marshmallows and mix together
- Put the chocolate, butter and broken up meringue into a glass bowl and put on a low heat over a pan of simmering water until the butter and chocolate are almost melted
- At this point add the golden syrup and stir until thoroughly melted
- Combine the biscuit/nut mix and the chocolate and stir thoroughly ensuring that all ingredients are covered in chocolate
- Pour the mixture into the line plastic container and push down to form a solid bar
- Place in into the fridge until it has set
- After it is completely set turn the tiffin out of the container onto a plate and slice into chunky slices ready to serve
I do not really need to say much about this recipe for Chocolate Tiffin Bar except that it is blooming lovely and will last in the fridge for 10 days (if it lasts that long) and is a great treat when you are lounging about this festive season, or in any season, just make it and eat it!
If you want to see this original post click here.