Even though I am the baker in our household, Pancake Day is not my domain but my husbands. I love Pancake Day and I love it even more when I do not do any of the cooking but just get to enjoy the eating!
I thought I would share his Pancake Recipe with you as well as some of the pictures from our Pancake Day yesterday:
- 110g of Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml of Milk
- 75ml of Water
- 1tbsp of Melted Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl
- Make a well in the middle and add the eggs
- Whisk into the flour until a batter starts to form
- Gradually add the water and milk to the batter so it becomes thinner and smoother
- Finally add the tablespoon of melted butter and pinch of salt to finish the batter
- In a medium frying pan melt butter (better to use than oil) then ladle in a scoop of the batter and fry for 2 minutes on each side
- Repeat until all the batter has been used
- The pancakes can then be served and enjoyed with a topping of your choice!
Note: This recipe will make 10 small pancakes, we doubled up for an extra large portion and they can be used with sweet or savoury toppings!
I cannot say it enough, I love Pancake Day, even if I did say ‘uh I feel sick’ more than once!
As usual the boy did good and our pancakes were just as delicious as they are every year and I am left waiting for next February…