What do you do when the world gives you brown bananas? You make Banana Bread!
I have shared this recipe on here before but not for almost 4 years and actually I haven’t made it for a while either. However, I do often make banana cake/cupcakes/oatcakes regularly but this week when I had some bananas at the end of their shelf life, there was only one thing I wanted, so here is a flashback to my Banana Bread Recipe:
- 285g of Flour
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 110 g of Butter
- 225g of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Bananas – Mashed
- 85ml of Buttermilk
- 100g of Chocolate Chips
- 120g of Crushed Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C (Fan)
- Start by sieving the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture becomes light and fluffy
- Add the eggs, mashed banana and buttermilk to the mixture and stir thoroughly
- Then fold in the flour mixture until mixed well
- Then add the walnuts and chocolate and stir in
- Grease a loaf tin and pour in the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until risen and brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving
As always the Banana Bread came out moist and so more-ish, in fact a little too more-ish!
I think the best thing you can do as a home-baker is to build a collection of your best and favourite recipes and keep making them until you perfect them. I think this Banana Bread Recipe will be one of mine for years to come!
What are your fool-proof/favourite recipes?