For me, Easter is about Family and Chocolate and there is nothing that used to combine the two better than the day we made Chocolate Cornflakes Easter Nests. So with Easter just around the corner, it was about time I made them and here is how I do it:
- 300g of Milk Chocolate
- 300g of Cornflakes
- Mini Eggs (I put 2 on each nest)
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water
- Once melted take off the heat but leave the bowl over the pan
- Then gradually add your cornflakes whilst stirring to make sure they all get covered in chocolate
- Spoon out evenly into your cupcake cases before adding the mini eggs to decorate
- Pop into the fridge for an hour before eating
These Chocolate Cornflakes Easter Nests are super simple but always make me think of Easter Time, especially making them with my family when I was little. In fact, I think this is the perfect recipe to make at home with kids to get them involved!
Tomorrow I will be sharing my second version of these!