Sadly I have been sick so that is why I have been lacking in both the baking, and writing about it departments. But I am now feeling better so thought it was about time I started making my way through my list of ideas.
I saw something similar to this a while back so when we bought a lot of lovely looking fresh fruit with our weekly food shop, I knew it was time to make my version of them. So here is my recipe for Fruit Basket Cupcakes:
- 150g of Sugar
- 250g of Butter
- 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 150g of Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 150g of Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan) and put your cupcake cases into the tray
- Then sieve your sugar into a bowl and add 150g of the butter
- Cream them together until smooth
- Sieve in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and flour and combine until crumbly
- Add the eggs and whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Divide evenly into your cupcake cases
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes (you can tell when they are ready by gently prodding the top, the cake should spring back)
- Allow to cool
- Once cool sieve the icing sugar into the remaining butter and combine until smooth
- Then you can use an icing bag or pallet knife to decorate the top of your cupcakes
- Finally decorate with the fruit as you want before enjoying!
Note: This recipe makes 12 cupcakes
I think these Fruit Basket Cupcakes just look adorable and are so perfect in the springtime as they are fresh and colourful as the sun shines outside. And they have fruit so you can eat two right?
I will be back soon with another fruit based recipe that I was too ill to make at Easter as planned so will be making this week, with a spring, instead of Easter twist!