So you may have noticed a lack of baking, or activity whatsoever on the ol´blog. As it turns out, having a baby does take up all of your time! There has been a touch of baking, some cupcakes and brownies here and there but nothing blog (or even photo) worthy.
However, 2 months ago we started to wean little miss, using baby led weaning (so no puree) we started with veggie sticks and fruit but as she gets more used to this we wanted to experiment with some more tastes and textures. I do not want to give her processed food as much as possible so have been researching recipes for things I can make myself. We have started simple, but I thought that I would share the things I make here for other baby led weaning mums, so here is my first recipe for 2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes:
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana
- Mash the banana in a bowl
- Add the egg
- Whisk together but keep some of the banana lumps
- Then heat a little oil in a frying pan
- Let it get really hot before adding a tablespoon of the mixture
- Fry for roughly 2 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Remove and place onto kitchen roll to allow any oil to soak away
- Once cool cut into strips and serve
Note: This recipe makes 6 but you can double or triple, I make extra and keep them in a sealed tub in the fridge for a quick meal the following day.
I hope you like this type of recipe, keep checking back for more (I hope).