Since moving to Stockholm, whilst being heavily pregnant, our social calender has not been what it once was so I have been looking for creative ways to keep Tabitha entertained and also feel like I am teaching her something in the process. So this week I decided that we should try to bake together, it is something that I thought she would like to get involved in, she loves getting her hands dirty, and I have missed since she came along so it just makes sense to incorporate the two. We had so much fun and it was surprisingly not stressful at all so I thought I would share it with you.
- 100g of Butter
- 100g of Sugar
- 100g of Flour
- 1teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 130g of Icing Sugar
- 6tablespoons of Water
- Sprinkles (to decorate)
- Start by preheating your oven to 200C (fan)
- Then cream the butter and sugar together in a bow, I started this bit before letting her take over as it requires some elbow grease
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until crumbly
- Add the eggs and whisk until your batter is smooth, again here I finished this off so it was the right consistency
- Then pour your mixture into 12 cupcake cases
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling you can make your icing by mixing the icing sugar and water
- Then spread evenly over your cupcakes
- Finally add the sprinkles and allow to set before eating!
They came out VERY flat, Tabitha clearly needs to develop her whisking technique, but they were still yummy, I mean come on, its cake and icing why wouldn’t it be yummy. It is definitely something that we will be doing together more often and I hope to share what we make with you.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what we can make/do?
Chantelle (and Tabitha) x